Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i enable locations services, after originally not allowing?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 3:42 PM

You have to go enable it under RESTRICTIONS first if you chose against it to begin with.... then you can alter it in the other places... So go to restrictions first, enable it, then you can go to the other places... like the icloud menu > share my location > enable it to share where you are.... or Privacy > Location Services > On.
I think a big problem is you might have it on in one place and then not others and there are different menus for different places instead of just ONE place to enable any and all location settings. That is what Apple does badly, they have too many settings split up between different menus.... its confusing.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2014 3:42 PM in response to AnnGallotti

You have to go enable it under RESTRICTIONS first if you chose against it to begin with.... then you can alter it in the other places... So go to restrictions first, enable it, then you can go to the other places... like the icloud menu > share my location > enable it to share where you are.... or Privacy > Location Services > On.
I think a big problem is you might have it on in one place and then not others and there are different menus for different places instead of just ONE place to enable any and all location settings. That is what Apple does badly, they have too many settings split up between different menus.... its confusing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.