Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Audio stops playing

Hi,

I am importing videos from my iPhone 5 to iMovie 11 on my iMac and for some reason for every clip I have the audio stops after about 15-20 seconds!!

Not sure what I can do to solve this issue???

Thank you for your help:)

iMovie '11

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 2:29 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2013 8:11 PM in response to eb06000

Same issue here. Seems the iPhone 5 creates video using the Apple Intermediate Codec. When playing the video in Quicktime (iMovie appears to use the QuickTime codec library to play these video clips as well) I see the exact same problem. When playing via VLC, it cannot play the video, but the autio plays and I see it suddenly jump several seconds to the end after playing for a short time.

I am also seeing the audio is mono, that is only 1 channel has any sound. Maybe that's normal and not relevant, but an observation as my other HD video camera seems to produce stero sound.

This really ***** because I didn't recognize the issue until after deleting the video clips from the iPhone, so the only copy left is the broken files stored on my Mac Pro.

iMovie Audio stops playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.