Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

amavisd lookup failure, table type VSTRING?

I upgraded to 10.8.2 server recently, and mail is completely non-functional right now.

I'm seeing an error from amavisd in lookup2() @ line 6062,

decide_mail_destiny FAILED: Can't call method "isa" on unblessed reference

For those who've looked at amavisd code, ref($t) is equal to VSTRING when this message is spit out, so it makes sense that isa is failing. The only values which are handled for ref($t) are CODE, SCALAR, HASH & ARRAY.

What does it mean that this value is VSTRING, and how do I fix this problem?

Thanks...

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:21 PM

I took one last look, and saw that the 'upgraded' version of amavisd.conf had a value for $sa_tag2_level_deflt in the format 'X.Y.Z', instead of a simple decimal number.

The value in the original amavisd was correct, but the upgrade process is broken somehow.

Changing it back to an X.Y value appears to have fixed the problem.

This is consistent with the type value of VSTRING that I was seeing in my debug output.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2013 4:21 PM in response to kevinbrock

I took one last look, and saw that the 'upgraded' version of amavisd.conf had a value for $sa_tag2_level_deflt in the format 'X.Y.Z', instead of a simple decimal number.

The value in the original amavisd was correct, but the upgrade process is broken somehow.

Changing it back to an X.Y value appears to have fixed the problem.

This is consistent with the type value of VSTRING that I was seeing in my debug output.

amavisd lookup failure, table type VSTRING?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.