Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gracenote CDDB not loading track titles

I've just updated iTunes. Now, whenever I put in an album to import, I get the message:

Unable to connect to the CDDB server. The network cannot be reached.

Make sure your Internet connection is active and your network settings are correct, then try again.

I've tried with multiple albums, all legit copies, have restarted, checked network settings and made sure that iTunes is actually able to connect to the internet. When I put the track names in manually, then submit track names, it processes, makes me set the genre to one of the limited range listed on Gracenote and then gives the message:

The CD information was successfully sent to the Gracenote CDDB service.

So, it connects to the internet through the iTunes store and connects to Gracenote to submit track names, but won't connect to Gracenote to retrieve track names. I've tried getting track names with both obscure albums and mainstream ones, all with the same result.

Anyone have any ideas?

iTunes (11.0.1.12)-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 1:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:38 AM

Solution courtesy of Tooney (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3869296?start=2&tstart=0). Why this works, I have absolutely no idea since it wasn't required previously. Oh well.

1) Start

2) Control Panel

3) Internet Options

4) Connection Tab at the top

5) Lan Settings

6) Tick the 'automatically detect settings' box

7) OK

8) OK

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2013 2:38 AM in response to nickward

Solution courtesy of Tooney (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3869296?start=2&tstart=0). Why this works, I have absolutely no idea since it wasn't required previously. Oh well.

1) Start

2) Control Panel

3) Internet Options

4) Connection Tab at the top

5) Lan Settings

6) Tick the 'automatically detect settings' box

7) OK

8) OK

Gracenote CDDB not loading track titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.