Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow on AppleTV shows pictures sideways

We have a recently bought digital DSLR camera and eg my Ipad recognizes automatically how to turn my pictures so that they are shown the correct way. However, if I now want to show a slideshow via my brand new AppleTV via airplay from my Ipad, it shows my pictures sideways. Showing slideshows on my TV is one of the main reasons I bought AppleTV, so I am very disappointed.

Is there a way to fix this?

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 2:30 AM

6 replies

Jan 6, 2013 5:35 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I use nothing else but the photos app that comes with the Ipad. I use the Apple card reader, have the Ipad download the photos and that is it. It shows all my photos as they should be, either horizontal or vertical. It is also from there that I try to play the slideshow via airplay. The moment I see the photos are not well displayed on my TV and I interrupt it, I see the slideshow on my Ipad and there the photos are still displayed correctly.

Jan 6, 2013 5:55 AM in response to Winston Churchill

I was thinking that, but how do I even begin to solve this (thousands of pictures..). Mirroring works just fine, but has only one setting. Also, to show anyone any pictures from my Imac (using Iphoto), I would have to always put all my pictures on my Ipad? Have not yet tried airplay from my Imac or is that even possible? I am sorry I have so many questions, but I am new to all Apple. Thanks!

Slideshow on AppleTV shows pictures sideways

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.