Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add links to table of contents in Pages

I'm create relatively long PDFs and I want to make the TOC have clickable links.

I know how to make the page numbers (in TOC) clickable, but how do I make the text clickable as well?

I've done this in the past with documents I've built in Word (and imported to Pages before turning them to PDFs), but how do I get the same result with a document I'm creating in Pages? Do I need to move it to Word?

I know I can link the text in the TOC to the right pages with Preview, but is there a way to do this without the manual labor?

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 5:23 AM

What kind of clickable links? To my knowledge the whole line gets clickable in the TOC when exporting the document to PDF.

9 replies

Dec 9, 2013 10:11 AM in response to visand

It would be most helpful though to have this ability directly in the working file. Once the documents starts growing the need to flip around so often becomes and admin task in its' own right. I thought the smart folks at Apple would have given us at least an Option-click on the TOC to let us quickly go to the section in question.

How do I add links to table of contents in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.