Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth connection to Captiva Chevrolet 2012

Hi,

I have a problem with connection over bluetooth to my car audio system, my car is Captiva 2012 by Chevy. Their bluetooth specification is:

Version: Bluetooth 2.1

Frequency Rage: 2.40 ~ 2.4835 Ghz, ISM Band

RF Power: Class 2 (2.4mW)

Profiles: HFP, A2DP, AVRCP

Operating Temperature: -20C ~ +60C

Telephone Operation: Noice Reduction, Echo Cancellation, Full Duplex Telephony.

I could pair between the two devivces however when it switches automatically for BT Audio it disconnect from the iPhone. I have no problem though in connection between the old model of Captiva in year 2010.

iPhone 5 is very cool, I recently switches from Blackberry to iPhone and so far very impressed however this little glitch is quite annoying. I drive a lot and requires handsfree.

I also reported this case and have sent the iPhone data under 396036054

Appreciate if anyone can respond especially apple tech support

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 5:14 AM

7 replies

May 19, 2013 9:15 PM in response to br4mpi

Same here. I have Chevrolet Captiva year 2012. The car bluetooth system doesn't connect properly with my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.2. After getting connected for a while, it keep switching from "connected" and "disconnected". Even in "connected" state, I am still unable to get any audio out or make a phone call through the car audio system. However i can do all this with my Blackberry 9900. So this may be iOS problem.

But i can connect my iPhone 5 with the 2013 Honda CR-V car stereo and my friend's 2012 Mazda CX-5 over bluetooth for both music and phone call with no issue. So this maybe some bugs too in Captiva car stereo.

My work around for this, i use AUX input instead. Captiva Car Stereo has no USB port so AUX is the only option. I have a hard time navigating and choosing songs in iphone since the stereo buttons doesn't work. And AUX is only for music and doesn't work for phone calls.

I hope Apple and Chevy have a fix soon.

Mar 29, 2013 4:50 AM in response to br4mpi

I have same problem bro. At first, I complaint it to Chevy dealer, but then they show me with Blackberry & Android phone that they have no problem at all. They can play song, answer calls etc. Made me embarrased. Then I realized, it is problem with iOS.

Sorry I don't have solution for your (our) problem. Still expecting Apple to respond.

Feb 11, 2014 6:35 AM in response to br4mpi

HI

i just bought a CHEVROLET TRACKER 2014

and i am trying to pair my iphone 5 with the car bluetooh radio.

the cell find the car bluetooth, but when i click on pair, it says that the IPHONE 5 is no supported to thar device.

please, help me, is there any way to update my bluetooth in my iphone? (thats what the told me in CHEVROLET, to update my cell, but my cellphone is up to date)

thanks

leonardo oneto

bluetooth connection to Captiva Chevrolet 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.