Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combining multiple iPhoto libraries into 1.

I have 4 different iPhoto libraries on my external hard drive that I collected in the last 5 years. I'm tired of switching libraries each time I need to see a different time period. What is the easiest and best way to organize everything in one place? I hear that Apeture is good for this. IS there a video tutorial that covers this process?

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 6:58 AM

4 replies

Jan 6, 2013 7:19 AM in response to alexpush

The best way woud indeed be Aperture: Here is a knowlege base article by Apple explaining the procedure:

Aperture 3.3: How to use Aperture to merge iPhoto libraries

Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

But since Aperture is not exactly cheap, you might prefer not to invest into Aperture, unless you are considering to switch to a more advanced image management software anyway. Then that would be a very good investment. Aperture has more advanced image editing options than iPhoto and better organisational tools. It works well with very large photo libraries. You'll find some tutorials, the manual, and other help on the Aperture Support Page: Aperture Support

Another option would be the paid version of iPhoto Library Manager, but that would not be able to maintain all metadata.

Regards

Léonie

Combining multiple iPhoto libraries into 1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.