Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Way to Show All Reminders in Notification Center?

I am wondering if anybody can help me here. I keep a list of ongoing items in the Mac Reminders App. However, since I typically don't assign an Alarm/Reminder to these items, they do not show up in the Mac OS X Notification Center.

I'm wondering if there is a way to show all my Reminders in the Mac Notification Center even if I have not set an Alarm time on them?

I think it will be much nicer to just crack open the Notification Center and see all my Reminders as opposed to having to open up the App each time.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 7:48 AM

13 replies

Jan 8, 2013 10:56 AM in response to LousyFool

Thank you for your response.

Only thing I'll say in closing is that No Alarm = No Reminder does not make any sense.

We are talking about items in an Application called "Reminders." Every item cataloged by the App is a reminder. Why shouldn't it be in Notification Center if I want it to be?

The distinction between each apps role is dubious at best. Now I'll need to keep my Reminders app open on-screen constantly since the notification center, who's purpose is to alleviate this sort of thing, does not include this.

Jan 8, 2013 11:41 AM in response to NYY96

If you "closed" this, then here for the rest of the world:

I'm not going to argue about every other app and the Notification Center, there is certainly one or the other flaky thing happening. Or not.

But for reminders without alarm it's perfect the way it is.

E.g. I collect a ton of to-do's there, and not all have a deadline. Those in my NC, and it'd be useless.

E.g. I gather items I need to shop for over time. A "Shopping" list with an item per line. While I'm out shopping, I call that list up on my iPhone. Do I want all that stuff all the time in the NC on my Mac? Useless...

I could go on and on...

Sep 25, 2013 6:43 AM in response to thomasbricker

Notification Center is simply a location to store and manage application notifications. It is not "Reminder Center" or anything else, and is not built to be a manager for calendars, reminders, and other ongoing non-notification tasks. It is only there to show you alerts and alarms that the system and applications support, including new messages, status updates, alarms, missed items, and the like.

Just because Apple calls its program "Reminders" does not mean it requires full integration into Notification Center. The program is separate just like any other, such as Apple's "Notes" and "Calendar" apps.

However, as others have mentioned, you can force Reminders to show in Notification center by putting an alert notification on each, and it will then show up when the alert time frame window is reached.

Nov 1, 2013 8:29 AM in response to LousyFool

More flexible itegration with Reminders would be nice.

I like to have a task list handy, to see what I need to do and check things off when I finish them.

So I'd like to have ongoing projects listed in my Notification Center -- regardless of whether they have an alarm going off today or not. Alarms are annoying, and setting and resetting them every day for several ongoing projects is even more so.

So it's Reminder in an always-open window for me too.

Until it has more flexibility, the NC strikes me as a bit of useless UI bling.

Although the inclusion in the NC of any edits I make to any documents in Text Wrangler is fantastic....Um. Not.

Jan 30, 2015 8:20 AM in response to NYY96

I don't understand the hostility some people in this thread have to the idea of a toggle (which would be extremely simple to implement) to show all reminders in notification center. Of course not everyone uses it the same, but some of us like to have a constant reminder for things that aren't necessarily time sensitive but still important. It would be great to just quickly swipe to show NC and see what Reminders I have and take care of them when I can, and it's not like adding a simple option for this would at all change the way it works for everyone else.

May 6, 2015 1:18 PM in response to epiqu1n

It would be nice to have it. I find myself getting more stuff from Microsoft in my Mac than I ever imagined because of Apple tendency to just eliminate things, or render stuff in opposition to the famous motto "it just works" or should we just change it to "it just does not work" to be more accurate?. Because of the notification being quite useless unless this is added I am now using Outlook for calendars/notifications etc.

Any Way to Show All Reminders in Notification Center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.