Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is constantly vibrating. Reset does not work

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 12:48 PM

I am using a MacBook Pro with an iPhone and the USB cable that came with this iPhone, and what I did to get around this was to open iTunes preferences, go to "Devices", and check the "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" checkbox. I then connected the iPhone to the MacBook and the iPhone stopped buzzing and I was able to import the photos from the iPhone to the MacBook.

Then, I went back and unchecked the "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" checkbox, reconnected the iPhone, and I didn't get the buzzing. Now I am sync'ing the iPhone to iTunes since I had previously removed all iPhone backups within iTunes, which had no impact on the buzzing and which I do not suggest doing at this point.

I know this isn't a fix, but the real fix is that Apple has some screws loose in iTunes that they need to tighten.

If the buzzing returns, then I will again check the "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" checkbox within iTunes again, and try renaming the iPhone within iTunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2016 12:48 PM in response to Haldorsens

I am using a MacBook Pro with an iPhone and the USB cable that came with this iPhone, and what I did to get around this was to open iTunes preferences, go to "Devices", and check the "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" checkbox. I then connected the iPhone to the MacBook and the iPhone stopped buzzing and I was able to import the photos from the iPhone to the MacBook.

Then, I went back and unchecked the "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" checkbox, reconnected the iPhone, and I didn't get the buzzing. Now I am sync'ing the iPhone to iTunes since I had previously removed all iPhone backups within iTunes, which had no impact on the buzzing and which I do not suggest doing at this point.

I know this isn't a fix, but the real fix is that Apple has some screws loose in iTunes that they need to tighten.

If the buzzing returns, then I will again check the "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" checkbox within iTunes again, and try renaming the iPhone within iTunes.

Apr 29, 2016 9:50 AM in response to yoblaness

It just happened to me again. So I once again deleted my backups, unchecked the auto-sync setting, and that didn't seem to make a difference. Then I restarted iTunes to no avail. Then, I plugged my iPhone into the other USB port on my MacBook, and somehow, the combination of all of that finally worked. I am not sure what did it because I replugged my iPhone into the USB port I had first used, and it is no longer vibrating.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.