Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Hot is 2 Hot... Apple Clues In

Lots of people are asking how hot is too hot. Here's a quote to be found on this site that can be of some practical use:

Hot Tip
If you use your iPod or notebook in temperatures higher than its specified operating range, 95°F (or 35°C), you may permanently damage your battery’s capacity. I.e., your battery won’t power your device as long on any given charge. You may damage it even more if you charge the device in these temperatures. Even storing a battery in a hot environment can damage it irreversibly.

I found it when looking up how to maintain the MBP's (or any other) Li-ion Battery. If I understand correctly, a lot of you show tmperatures that are significantly higher around that area, right? Somewhere in the mid 40's C around the memory is what I've seen.

Maybe this could be a small step in determining the how hot is too hot question that seems to bubble up here quite often.

Yaniv

MBP 2.16 1GB 7200RPM Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 3, 2006 6:00 PM

2 replies

How Hot is 2 Hot... Apple Clues In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.