Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download loops for Garageband 11?

I have a new Macbook Pro with Garageband preloaded on it. When I tried to select certain loops, it would have a message that said I needed to download additional content. I clicked "OK," and I was directed to a software update in the App Store. When I tried to download this update, titled "Garageband Instruments and Apple Loops 1.0," I got the following error:

User uploaded file

I do not have the Garageband disks, because it came already downloaded on my Mac. I also do not have iLife (I've heard about that from various people). Is there any way I can fix this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 2:11 PM

Hi Julia,

That error message (103) means, the downloaded package could not be installed. That can have two reasons:

• Either it could not be installed, because your user library is corrupted or cannot be written to,
  • or the downloaded package could not be opened, because it is corrupted.

When you are running the update, are you signed in as an administrator from an administrator account, or as a regular user? Make sure, you install from an account, that will give you administrator priveleges.

Just try again to install, when your network connection is stable and make sure, that your mac is not falling asleep, while downloading, to ensure that the download will not be interrupted.

You can reinstall your GarageBand from the iTunes Store, if need be. To be able to reinstall, you have to move the garageBand app to the Trash, but do not empty it. Then sign into the AppStore with your AppleID and download again.

This article explains how to reinstall iLife again: Accept iLife: OS X: About OS X Recovery

scroll down to the paragraph in the middle: Restoring iLife applications after Internet Restore of OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion

Regards

Léonie

. I also do not have iLife (I've heard about that from various people).

BTW: you have iLife.

All new Macs come with iLife - it is the suite of the programs iPhoto, GarageBand, iMovie.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2013 2:11 PM in response to julia2563

Hi Julia,

That error message (103) means, the downloaded package could not be installed. That can have two reasons:

• Either it could not be installed, because your user library is corrupted or cannot be written to,
  • or the downloaded package could not be opened, because it is corrupted.

When you are running the update, are you signed in as an administrator from an administrator account, or as a regular user? Make sure, you install from an account, that will give you administrator priveleges.

Just try again to install, when your network connection is stable and make sure, that your mac is not falling asleep, while downloading, to ensure that the download will not be interrupted.

You can reinstall your GarageBand from the iTunes Store, if need be. To be able to reinstall, you have to move the garageBand app to the Trash, but do not empty it. Then sign into the AppStore with your AppleID and download again.

This article explains how to reinstall iLife again: Accept iLife: OS X: About OS X Recovery

scroll down to the paragraph in the middle: Restoring iLife applications after Internet Restore of OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion

Regards

Léonie

. I also do not have iLife (I've heard about that from various people).

BTW: you have iLife.

All new Macs come with iLife - it is the suite of the programs iPhoto, GarageBand, iMovie.

Can't download loops for Garageband 11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.