Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp Assistance

Is it possible to install windows 8 on the new iMac (late 2012) with a USB or external optical drive ? Help is appreciated thanks in advance

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 2:05 PM

At the moment, I don't recommend you to install Windows 8 on Boot Camp. Some people could install it, but Apple hasn't launched drivers for Windows 8, so if you want to use Boot Camp right now, install the 64-bit Windows 7 edition. Windows 7 is much better than Windows 8 if you are going to use desktop programmes

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2013 2:05 PM in response to cod4snipersas

At the moment, I don't recommend you to install Windows 8 on Boot Camp. Some people could install it, but Apple hasn't launched drivers for Windows 8, so if you want to use Boot Camp right now, install the 64-bit Windows 7 edition. Windows 7 is much better than Windows 8 if you are going to use desktop programmes

Jan 6, 2013 3:34 PM in response to mende1

Thanks dude i actually looked up a little more on the net and found out that Windows 8 wasnt the best option. As for the other question of how and if i can install Windows 7 using a USB stick or a external optical drive you or any other person now if its possible and if possible could you paste a link of a tutorial (not Apple please ). Thanks

BootCamp Assistance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.