Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble importing photos from Canon Power Shot SD1300

Until today, my family has had no difficulty importing photos into iPhoto from our Canon Power Shot SD1300 camera. But when I plugged in today to import the most recent few months of shots, the program would not accept the .jpg file format (or so the notice said). Similarly, Image Capture would not import the images.

I'm running iPhoto 8.1.2, Image Capture 6.0.1 on a MacBookPro6,2 with an Intel Core i5/2.4 GHz machine with OS X 10.6.8.

Why is this suddently not working? Did something happen with recent updates of software that screwed everything up? We've tried most of the sensible things from the camera end: deleting old photos so the memory card shouldn't be overloaded, recharging battery....

What's next?

TCC

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 2:08 PM

5 replies

Jan 6, 2013 3:46 PM in response to Yer_Man

Unfortunately, the iPhoto error message, which had something to do with "not recognizing the file type" or something (though they were listed as .jpg files) no longer shows up. Now iPhoto thinks there are no photos on the camera, though there are quite a few actually.

Image Capture recognizes that there are image files, but says, "Import Error. An error occurred while importing. 347 items were not imported." And then it begins with a list of the first files on the camera.

Jan 6, 2013 3:53 PM in response to tccroc

Wait, I've figured out that iPhoto was simply not seeing any of the files as not yet imported. So now it does show the error message. It says: "Unreadable files: 347. The following files could not be imported. (The file is in an unrecognizable format.)" Then it lists the files in the following format: "IMG_0603.JPG" Etc.

Go figure.

trouble importing photos from Canon Power Shot SD1300

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.