Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a water sensor for ipad mini to check if there has been water damage?

Is there a water sensor in ipad mini like in the headphone jack so I can check for water damage

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 4:18 PM

14 replies

Jan 6, 2013 5:26 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

I'm not sure what you are contradicting Jonathan, I have not suggested that an iPad is submerged to install a Zagg shield. Please read more carefully before confusing the issue. I am confirming that we all have installed the Zagg shield using a lot of sprayed liquid.

UPDATE -

I think that you are confused by the inaccurate comment from the OP. He said "It was submerged" but he intended to say, "It was not submerged." With my superior English skills I was able to determine his error and responded to what he intended to write! 😝

Jan 6, 2013 5:22 PM in response to Kala22

You should have spoke up at the time of the installation and voiced your concern. We are just other users here. There are no user accessible water sensors.

I can confirm that what you describe is how Zagg shields are installed, you may check the process in videos available at You Tube.

Unless you have a problem with your iPad, you will likely never know more than you do at this moment.

Jan 6, 2013 5:39 PM in response to Kala22

I went and viewed a You Tube video by a guy installing his new Zagg shield on his new iPad 3 and he sprayed the shield not the iPad. I don't recall that when I installed mine, but that was almost 2 years ago.

You might want to bring that to the attention of the management of the Best Buy where the woman installed the Zagg shield and get a written commitment that any future issues relating to water damage will be covered by Best Buy. If they give you a problem, I would get Zagg involved in the issue.

Is there a water sensor for ipad mini to check if there has been water damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.