Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Menus Changed Languages unexpectedly

I opened Iphoto today and everything was in a foriegn language. I cant read what the menus are to see if I can change it. Please help, maybe by stating for example something like "on the top bar, go three over and two down then click the fourth option..." I dont know how to change this with not being able to read anything. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. Maybe Japanese? Need it back in English.

User uploaded file

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 4:20 PM

8 replies

Jan 7, 2013 2:37 PM in response to jonnyristow

Make a temporary, backup copy (if you don't already have a backup copy) of the library and try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

or with Mt. Lion from the User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto/
Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto
folder

User uploaded file

3 - launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

NOTE 2: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

Iphoto Menus Changed Languages unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.