Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have updated my ipad operating system and a number of apps have not turned up. They are shown in the itunes apps dropdown menu window but are dimmed. What next?

I have updated my ipad operating system and a number of apps have not turned up. They are shown in the itunes apps dropdown menu window but are dimmed. What next?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 6:01 PM

6 replies

Jan 7, 2013 3:49 AM in response to emilyfromNZ

Try this and see if it helps. Transfer purchases from your iPad into iTunes.

Connect the iPad to the Mac and launch iTunes. Right click on the iPad name and select Transfer Purchases. Wait and see if the iPad is transferring any purchases. After the process completes see if the apps are then accessible.

Also make sure that you are using the same Apple ID on the iPad that you used to purchase the greyed out apps with. Settings>iTunes & App Stores>Apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.