Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't deauthorize all computers

I tried to authorize my new computer and it says I have the max (5) computers authorized.

So I went to my settings in the itunes store and chose to Deauthorize all Computers.

Strangely, before I did this, it said only 3 computers were authorized. Now it says zero are authorized.

I am still trying to play music and it won't let me authorize this computer, saying that the max (5) computers are authorized.

Can someone help with how I can fix this?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 6:52 PM

4 replies

Jan 6, 2013 7:08 PM in response to AnaMusic

AnaMusic,

Thanks for your help, but as I mentioned in my post, I have already done what you suggested, and it is still not working.

I chose to deauthorize all computers in the itunes store.

After deauthorizing all computers, my account settings is now saying "0" computers are authorized.

However, when I go to play music, it prompts to authorize my computer, and after I enter my password, it still tells me that I have the max computers authorized (5), and won't let me do it!

Even though my account settings says 0 are authorized to play content.

So I still cannot play music.

I believe it may be an itunes bug. Also note that I just downloaded the most recent itunes player so that is not the issue.

can't deauthorize all computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.