Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account sign-in failed on Apple TV

Using Apple TV (3 generation) to sream a video from iView(ABC TV) going for 20 minutes perfectly then it stopped steamming through my iPad2. Apple TV then switched to downoad Music on Apple TV but it went on continously, so I closed it down. I went back to iTunes 11.0.1 and tried to sync iTunes with Apple TV but it went on continously also. So I had to force quit iTunes to stop it looking for Apple TV. I then went back to Apple TV and under 'Computers' tried to connect to iTunes but to have the Apple TV app ask me to change my password as it could not find iTunes. Now after disconnecting Apple TV at the set and re-connecting, it kept saying-'Account sign-in Failed' and I cannot now connect with iTunes at all. This seems to have happened since I upgraded to the latest version of iTunes software. The Remote App also cannot syc with Apple TV now. I have nowhere to go now and I can't use my Apple TV. Please advise what I must do to sync with Apple TV on my HD TV set.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 8:04 PM

3 replies

Jan 7, 2013 1:38 AM in response to I am rusty2

You do not sync with Apple TV 3. Apple TV reads through wifi what is on your Computer or internet based source and streams it.

You may need to renable Home Sharing on your Apple TV3 To do this

Settings, Computers, Turn on Home sharing where you enter exactly the same Apple ID and password that you are using for home sharing on your computer.

Jan 7, 2013 6:37 PM in response to I am rusty2

Thank you for your comments Steve, which are also the correct procedure. My trouble was the I could not get Apple TV to recognize Home Sharing and the iMac in iTunes would not load it.

However, after much mucking around, I disconnected my Apple TV from its power supply and also the HDMI cable. After a couple of minutes I reconnected both and the Apple TV automatically rebooted which it didn't do previously. This time I reconnected HDMI first then the power supply. I don't know whether this is the reason why it rebooted correctly. I then went back to iTunes on my iMac to reset the Home Sharing menu choice after loading my Apple ID and password therein. It then recognized it when I clicked on the little box giving the choice to Apple TV and computer.

I also adjusted the Music setting under Apple TV to reduce the volumn of data, to eliminate any attempt to reboot that section again. I also checked the other settlings and the Apple TV upgraded its software from version 5.5.1 to 6.0.1 and it went perfectly again. My four other mobile devices all have iOS 6.0.1, so this enabled my iPad2 to mirror the iView videos from the ABC televison play back.

It is sometimes the simple things that need attention to correct what seemed to be a software loop problem in my case, which I was in and could not get out of, no matter how hard I tried.

Many thanks again for prompt response,Steve

Account sign-in failed on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.