Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I enable Active Directory network login while maintaining the existing local user account data?

We have a user base of around 15 Macs that we would like to integrate into Active Directory. However, we need to maintain the existing users local account data but do not wish to have that data moved to the network. Is there an easy way to create the AD login and then move the existing account data to the new login while maintaining correct permissions?

I've had some success logging in as root and deleting the existing account, while maintaining the home folder. Then renaming it to match the AD login account name and replacing the new and empty AD user home. I then perform a CHOWN on that folder to give ownership to the AD account name.

Is it this simple? I don't want to leave any loose ends.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Scott

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 9:20 PM

There are no replies.

How can I enable Active Directory network login while maintaining the existing local user account data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.