Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring large directories from PC to Ipad

I am trying to transfer a directory with over 4,000 pictures (f:my pictures etc) from my pc to my Ipad (which is using IOS6 and has plenty of space) but it fails every time giving me various error messages.

I have tried resetting the Ipad, deleting the back-up files on the pc and have successfully transferred smaller directories (<400 pictures) to my Ipad.

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 12:25 AM

4 replies

Jan 8, 2013 1:16 AM in response to diesel vdub

Thanks for your suggestion - I disabled my Avast (free) anti virus software and have now successfully transferred all the photos.

So for others with the same problem I would suggest that you start by disabling your anti virus software and if this does not work start splitting large directories into smaller units.

So thanks Diesel Vdub for your help and assistance.

Transferring large directories from PC to Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.