Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my apps say waiting and wont download??

My apps wont download it is stuck on waiting?

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:48 AM

Reset the device.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Try downloading over Cellular data instead of Wi-Fi or the other way around.

Try a different Wi-Fi network.

Download the app updates via iTunes on the computer then sync the device.

6 replies

Oct 2, 2015 3:22 PM in response to pjr999

Some of my App icons were darker and saying waiting so after much fiddling and checking everything I went to the blue and white App Store icon and saw that there were UPDATES I hadn't done.

When I proceeded to update each "waiting" App they all came back normal except for one app - What's App which is great to use. It actually downloaded another icon and the original App stayed dark but does flash now when held down but there is no X to delete it. No worries as the new App icon works fine.

FIxed my problem.

Oct 4, 2015 3:58 AM in response to Tiger Hoh

Some of my App icons were darker and saying waiting so after much fiddling and checking everything I went to the blue and white App Store icon and saw that there were UPDATES I hadn't done.

When I proceeded to update each "waiting" App they all came back normal except for one app - What's App which is great to use. It actually downloaded another icon and the original App stayed dark but does flash now when held down but there is no X to delete it. No worries as the new App icon works fine.

TUrned off off my phone for a few minutes and the first WhatsApp icon was gone.

FIxed my problem.

my apps say waiting and wont download??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.