Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air blank screen, no start-up and three beeps - but now fixed?

Hi - My MacBook Air 2011 11in 64GB wouldn't start up for the last three days. It was working fine, then the screen went bonkers and I turned it off by holding down the power button. When I hit the power button again, there was no start-up, the screen stayed black and there were three beeps, short delay, three beeps again. I Googled and it seemed that it was a RAM problem, so I was planning this morning to take the machine to Dr Apple. But just to be sure there was still a problem, I tried starting it one last time and it started up as normal and seems to be working fine now.

Should I still get it checked out? I had been travelling and using it in some pretty hot temperatures when it died, and it's now back at home where it's cooler - could the problem have been something to do with the heat, do you think?

Don't want to use it if I'm making a problem that's there any worse. Much appreciate any advice. Thanks.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), 64 GB

Posted on Jan 6, 2013 11:50 PM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2013 12:55 AM in response to MikePKenya

Before taking it, run Apple Hardware Test. If your Mac came with an USB drive, insert it and press D key while your Mac is starting. Then, run an extended test and check if it shows a problem.

If your Mac didn't come with an USB drive, press Option and D keys while your Mac is starting and run an extended test. If you see an error message, copy it here

MacBook Air blank screen, no start-up and three beeps - but now fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.