Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails not using default email address

My phone has suddenly started sending emails from my work address (not set as default) rather than my hotmail (default) even if it says its sending from my hotmail it sends from my work using the on behalf of mode... Help!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 2:29 AM

12 replies

Jan 7, 2013 3:32 AM in response to Paulalou31

Hi Friend,

Go To Settings>>Mail, Contacts>>Calendars>>Default Account, then set another email as default. Then set your Hotmail account again as default.

If the problem persists, some information in your Hotmail account has missed, like outgoing password for example. Check carefully all the fields and, if you find some blank field, fill it properly.

Hope it will be helpful

Jan 8, 2013 4:45 PM in response to Paulalou31

Hi Friend,

Open our Hotmail account from internet website and check which options you have. As I know, some email websites can change the email address to send/receive. Other email account you can shave two different accounts to the same place.

So double check if you have do this or not.

To solve it simply, when you start to edit an email or repply an email, tap in your email address. Then will open an option to send from your work email address or from your Hotmail email address. Then tap the email address you want to send.

Hope it will be helpful

Jul 31, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Kaka Dongguan

I know this is a really old strand, but I have recently come to this same problem and am very stuck. I cannot seem to get my default back to gmail though it is checked, I have deleted my Outlook and reinstalled, changed the order on my contact for me, and even tried deleting the msn address from my contact for me yet it still comes back on its own. Very strange. Even stranger, if I send from Gmail, it will be in my sent box in Gmail...yet it appears to a person as my msn account. I am guessing it is like Paulalou31's situation where it is something in my MSN server. Where did you fix the issue on that end, Paulalou31? I can't seem to figure it out in those options. Thank you both so much!

Emails not using default email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.