Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air 2010 monitor resolution

Hi Can I use a Macbook air with a 27 inch hi res Dell monitor using a Dual link DVI connector? Well I know that there is a problem because it doesn't work at more than 1800*1200 screen resolution. It is supposed to work up to 2700. ANy ideas - what am I doing wrong? Thanks

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:56 AM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2013 8:16 AM in response to Angela Cropper

Angela Cropper wrote:

Hi Can I use a Macbook air with a 27 inch hi res Dell monitor using a Dual link DVI connector? Well I know that there is a problem because it doesn't work at more than 1800*1200 screen resolution. It is supposed to work up to 2700. ANy ideas - what am I doing wrong? Thanks

It depends on the MBA model. Which one do you have? The older ones support only up to 1900x1200, indeed, while newer ones go up to 2560x1600.

Jan 7, 2013 11:58 PM in response to LousyFool

Hi thanks

I'm using a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adaptor (Apple) - it has a USB connection as well presumably to power the Dual link div thingy - that connects then connects to the ....

Hey I just solved the problem (with the help of your question) ... I bought an apple dual link dvi adaptor but I connected it with an older dvi cable (that came with my older Dell 21 inch monitor ... Changed it over to the new "Dell Dual link dvi cable which I connected to the Mac adaptor ... And it works!! Full 2560x1440 res in all its beauty !! Thank you. Angela

macbook air 2010 monitor resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.