Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export icloud messages into another format?

How can I export multiple mac email messages into either Keynote, Pwrpt, Pages? I need to chronologically present 248, flagged, emails from my mac (icloud) account and give them to my Attorney. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 15" Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:47 AM

There is one of the reasons why I didn't want to be a lawyer...

First, since your attorney probably has a computer himself, I'd give him the mails in "electronic" format = as files... nothing unusual these days, and he's getting paid for making evidence work as such, right?

You can even email the mails to him:

- Assuming the mails have something in common, create a new "Smart Mailbox" to have them all in there. Alternatively, you'll need to create a regular new mailbox and copy them in there manually.

- With that mailbox open, select them all (e.g. by selecting one, then pressing Command-A), then under "Message" in the menu bar click on "Forward as Attachment" (or right-click on the selected mails and choose the same command).

The rest should be self-explanatory.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2013 8:47 AM in response to pfyre

There is one of the reasons why I didn't want to be a lawyer...

First, since your attorney probably has a computer himself, I'd give him the mails in "electronic" format = as files... nothing unusual these days, and he's getting paid for making evidence work as such, right?

You can even email the mails to him:

- Assuming the mails have something in common, create a new "Smart Mailbox" to have them all in there. Alternatively, you'll need to create a regular new mailbox and copy them in there manually.

- With that mailbox open, select them all (e.g. by selecting one, then pressing Command-A), then under "Message" in the menu bar click on "Forward as Attachment" (or right-click on the selected mails and choose the same command).

The rest should be self-explanatory.

Jan 7, 2013 8:50 AM in response to pfyre

Just an additional thought in case you do decide to email them:

If they contain any sensitive information, I would not send them unencrypted. I had to forward quite a few some time ago; I copy/pasted them into Pages chronologically, condensed them where I could, exported it as a .pdf and then encrypted the file. Sent two emails: the first contained the password necessary to open the file, and the second simply had the pdf attached.

Export icloud messages into another format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.