Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Eliminate .mac, .me, or .icloud

My friends are confused by the number of email addresses they receive from me. How can I eliminate 2 of these danged addresses? I certainly do not need all three.

And, if I create an alias, can I have a me.com alias rather than icloud.com???

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:32 AM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2013 6:29 PM in response to ShinYuu

Apple doesn't provide the ability to nuke the old email addresses AFAIK, but you can contact the support folks and check on that.

If you only send from one address via the sequence described, then the random addresses won't pile up, and you'll still received the "misaddressed" messages until the addresses sort out.

The alias stuff you're probably referencing to earlier is available via the iCloud web site. Log into the iCloud.com web site, click your name in the upper right, select help, and navigate to the mail aliases help.

Back on the main iCloud web page, launch mail (in iCloud web site), and follow the path via the preferences stuff.

The .mac, .me and .icloud addresses also tend to get associated with Apple IDs, too. Delete with care.

Feb 25, 2013 1:50 PM in response to MrHoffman

I am greatly bothered that the .mac address is no longer newly available and when you make post MobileMe aliases you are only offered .icloud instead. I am launching a new business and want .mac for my address, not .icloud. I haven't spent thousands upon thousands of dollars over the last several decades and aligned with Mac philosphy and bought every product they've made available just to be forced to have an email address with the name of a secondary service that I barely use.

BRING BACK .MAC!!

Feb 25, 2013 6:24 PM in response to MontaukMan

This is a user forum, and not the best spot for suggestions, comments or feedback to reach Apple.

A suggestion: if you're launching a new business, please consider registering your own domain, and then either host your own domain on your own OS X Server or other server systems, or contract with any of the various organizations that provides the network services that your business requires.

Domains are cheap, and readily portable. That ownership can save you from having to shuffle email addresses around should your provider change domains, or should you want or need to change providers.

Because you control your domain, you can re-host it where and when and as required.

Eliminate .mac, .me, or .icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.