Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Problems with Hitachi LD6600, mini (and displayconfigx)

231 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2006 11:23 PM by Ayabara RSS
Ayabara Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 3, 2006 11:23 PM
I have problems making this setup work. The hitachi ld6600 has a resolution of 1366*768.

dvi: when I connect with a dvi-hdmi cable, I get a nice picture on the tv, but it is 1280*720 with black borders around, offset to the top left of the screen (before I turned off the overscan a great deal of the desktop was not visible). hitachi support told me that the problem was that my mac-720p was not the same as hdtv-720p because of different sync-signals, and therefore the tv does not really recognize it and scale the image up to 1366*768 (but it says it is receiving 720p). they could not tell me what timing is correct, though. yesterday I registered displayconfigx and tried setting up my screen. I chose the hdtv720p preset, and this time I got a picture that filled much more of the screen, only a tiny black border on the right. Now it looks like the overscan issue is back, though, and the options tab where I can turn off overscan vanishes when I install displayconfigx.

vga: I have also tried connecting using the dva-vga adapter. when I start up I get the bootscreen, but after a while the screen goes black and says 'out of range'. I tried again after I had installed displayconfigx and set the parameters of my tv (allowe refresh rates, resolution), but the same happened, and I had to boot in single-user mode and delete the display mode to get picture back on dvi/hdmi.

I'm running out of ideas here, so I hope someone can help.
Intel Mini, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.