Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro mid 2012 starts only when cooled

Hi!

I see a very strange behaviour of my MBP (i7 2.3, 4gb, non-retina, mid 2012).

After several days of experements I can say that laptop boots correctly only when it is cooled down to the room temperature (20-23c). If it is warmer or the room temp is more, laptop boots not detecting internal display. OS boots and if I connect the externall display it works fine, but no info about internal one present. If I disconnect the ext. display, internal one goes blue and nothing more. I use FinalCut Pro which heavy loads the graphics if manage to boot the computer first time it works correctly under heavy loads an switching the graphics correctly when I surf internet for example. So I can't restart the laptop, it will boot with the black screen, but I close the lid and it goes to sleep mode and wakes up correctly.

I've done SMC and PRAM reset many times, no effect

Perfomed Apple Service Diagnostics tests and laptop passed all the test

Please, HELP!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Macbook Pro mid 2012

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 9:15 AM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro mid 2012 starts only when cooled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.