Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am looking to update to a new imac with intel core processor. I am still old school with a powerbook G4. I want to know if I am going to have to upgrade all graphic programs right away after buying new computer. Thanks.

I am looking to update to a new imac with intel core processor. I am still old school with a powerbook G4:)

I want to know if I am going to have to upgrade all graphic programs right away after buying new computer.

Trying to weigh ALL costs involved.

Thanks for any advice!!!

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), new computer?

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 10:34 AM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2013 10:39 AM in response to angmiller

Anything you have that is powerpc code only will not run on a new machine. OS X 10.8 has no support for powerpc code (universal binary programs should be fine).

Other than that warning, without knowing exactly what programs you have, and what version you are on, it is hard to say whay will or will not migrate alright.

you might need to do some web searching and check apps at sites like roaringapps or on the programs Company web site.

http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

I am looking to update to a new imac with intel core processor. I am still old school with a powerbook G4. I want to know if I am going to have to upgrade all graphic programs right away after buying new computer. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.