Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need a solution for 10.5 Mac OS

Hi, ALL,

Hopefully I come to the right place for my question 😉

I am Software Developer and recently I needed to test my program under Mac OSX 10.5.

Unfortunately the program crashed.

During the investigation I found that the culprit is in the following piece of code:

[code]

CGLPixelFormatObj pixelFormatObj ;GLint numPixelFormats ;CGLPixelFormatAttribute attribs[]={    kCGLPFAFullScreen,    kCGLPFADisplayMask,    (CGLPixelFormatAttribute)0,    /* Display mask bit goes here */    (CGLPixelFormatAttribute)0};if( display == kCGNullDirectDisplay )    display =CGMainDisplayID();attribs[2]=(CGLPixelFormatAttribute)CGDisplayIDToOpenGLDisplayMask(display);/* Build a full-screen GL context */CGError error =CGLChoosePixelFormat( attribs,&pixelFormatObj,&numPixelFormats );if( pixelFormatObj == NULL )    return NULL;

[/code]

The error variable is "kNoError", but pixelFormatObj is NULL.

What I am trying to do is to get a screenshot of the current display.

Does anybody know of a good solution to use? Is there a reason why this code perform this way?

Thank you.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 10:15 AM

9 replies

Jan 7, 2013 1:56 PM in response to oneeyeman

FWIW, this gets me one CGLPixelFormatObject on my Mountain Lion system.

//    if ( display == kCGNullDirectDisplay )
    CGDirectDisplayID display = CGMainDisplayID();
    attribs[2] = (CGLPixelFormatAttribute) CGDisplayIDToOpenGLDisplayMask(display);

/* Build a full-screen GL context */
    CGError error = CGLChoosePixelFormat( attribs, &pixelFormatObj, &numPixelFormats );

I need a solution for 10.5 Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.