12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2013 4:24 PM by Imp68
Todd Heberlein1 Level 1 Level 1

I have had this problem recur a couple of times and I finally discovered the work around:

I start iTunes and none of my iCloud material is available. Even the iCloud icon (next the the pop-up menu on the left to choose Music, Movies, ...) is gone.

I start Preferences, click the Store tab, and even the "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" checkbox is gone.

The work around (so far) is to logout of iTunes and log back in. Then the checkbox option reappears:

I click the "iTunes Store" button (on the right), then click my account button (on the left) and choose "sign out", then click again to sign back in...

Then go back to my library, choose Preferences > Store, and the "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" checkbox is back. I then select it and I have my media on iCloud back.

Is this a known problem?

Is some configuration file corrupted that I should trash?

Thanks

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • asitha Level 1 Level 1

I have just spotted the same problem - it seems to happen when your iTunes session has for some reason expired.  Also this is the default state when you start iTunes and you have to log out and log in for the button to appear.  It drove me crazy as I could never seem to find the checkbox. I think this is an iTunes bug.

• fitzpatricks Level 1 Level 1

I have got the exact same problem, a well i also don't seam to be be able to get my home sharing turned on ?

• Todd Heberlein1 Level 1 Level 1

I continue to have this problem on almost a daily basis. I've trashed my preferences hoping that would help, but it didn't.

For me, the only thing that works is to what I mentioned in the original post: go to the iTunes Store, Sign Out, Sign In (again), go back to Preferences, click the "Store" tab, and then re-check "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases".

I filed a bug report on this. I hope Apple fixes it in a future update.

• fitzpatricks Level 1 Level 1

i just used screen share on another computer in the house to click the box and it seams to be working now.

• CDB @ Apple Support Level 1 Level 1

I have the exact same problem - are other people still experiencing this problem?

Yes. The "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" checkbox still comes unchecked almost daily (I've pretty much stopped using iCloud for my music because it is so flakey for me).

Also, when I went to check Preferences just now, the entire checkbox was gone. Again. Sigh...

• Imp68 Level 4 Level 4

Yup, still happening.  I just checked and it's not there as I type this, and I am signed into iTunes (always am).  Quitting and reopening iTunes just made it return.  I didn't have to sign out/in for it to return this time, but have had to at other times.

Just another data point:

About a week ago I paid for iTunes Match, and this problem has gone away... with a weird caveat.

The iCloud icon has not disappeared. All my songs have remained available via iCloud. Solid performance since paying for iTunes Match. So I am a happy camper right now.

The weird caveat is that under the iTunes Preferences Store tab, the "Show iTunes in the Cloud puchases" has become unchecked (just like what used to always happen and I would lose acccess to my songs), but I still have access to the Cloud purchases.

Strange. Oh well.

• jonathandl92 Level 1 Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  It began after I changed/reset the password for my Apple account.

• leo8877 Level 1 Level 1

I'm also having this same issue with the "Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases" becoming unchecked randomly. 

• inwhack Level 1 Level 1

I've got a slightly different problem. All my iTunes purchases are gone; even from the cloud. I downloaded all these songs, then later moved them all to the cloud because my machine ran out of disk space as I wanted to move them all to a newly purchased drive.

I've written to Apple iTunes support to ask them to restore all my files.

Does anybody know if there is a way to get them back?

• Imp68 Level 4 Level 4

then later moved them all to the cloud

Since that's not something you can actually do, I'm interested in what you actually did.  If the songs were purchases from the iTunes store, you can simple redownload them.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Unless you're referring to itunes match...