Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing files between Mac & Windows

Next monht Windows Live Mesh will stop it's services and I will no longer be able to sync my files on LAN / WAN between my MAC and my Windows PC - and I really need that abilty. Cloud services like iCloud, Dropbox, SkyDrive and Google Drive is NOT an option for me.

I need something where I can mark folders and let them syncronise on the fly bewteen my different computers - but I simply can not find another programf for this purpose - a succeeder for Windows Live Mesh.

Can someone please help.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 1:08 PM

16 replies

Jan 7, 2013 1:14 PM in response to Jarslamares

Hello karstenjensen.dk!

Have you tried using Dropbox yet?

I find it to be very reliable and it syncs everywhere. It doesn't mattter about the platform as long as it has an internet connection.

ALSO I c&p this from Microsoft's site:

Windows Live Mesh will be retired on February 13, 2013. Before this date, make sure you save all the files you want to keep from the Mesh cloud (called "SkyDrivesynced storage" or "Mesh synced storage") on your computer. After this date, allMesh features (including remote desktop and peer-to-peer syncing) will stop working. For info about switching from Mesh to SkyDrive, see SkyDrive for Meshcustomers. For info about uninstalling Mesh, see How do I uninstall one or more Essentials programs?

Hope this helps,

xeni

Jan 7, 2013 1:23 PM in response to XENiCraft

With all respect, I think this is a very old post you have found......

Fist it says: "Avalanche is not yet readily available, because researchers in the UK are currently developing the program."

And at the end it says something about 2005 - so not much help there....

Avalance is today a part of Win8 but the application defines the snow slide information.

Jan 7, 2013 1:40 PM in response to Jarslamares

Hi sorry about about that! I was just quickly googling while helping some others on the forum not really paying enough attention. Cubby is a good service from what I've heard.

Here are some reviews:

http://www.theonlycog.com/post/review-cubby-cloud-storage-and-sync-service/

http://web.appstorm.net/reviews/file-management/cubby-com-a-powerful-cloud-sync- contender/

Jan 7, 2013 1:59 PM in response to Jarslamares

Use SugarSync, you can synchronize designated (any or all) folders to other machines, no special folders required.

You can also sync the folders on your Mac to iPhones, Androids, Symbians etc.

I use it to keep 2 laptops and a desktop's user folders identical, I save a file on one (or delete it) and the action is replicated immediately on all others.

Syncing files between Mac & Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.