Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add movies onto my ipad

How do I take movies of my mac computer andvaddbthem too my ipad

iPad, iOS 6.0.2, Ipad 3

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 4:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 4:32 PM

Launch iTunes and go to File > Add File to Library

After that sync your iPad

5 replies

Jan 7, 2013 4:35 PM in response to tootsmacleod

The movies must be synced to the iPad through iTunes, so you have to add the movies to iTunes first via File>Add to Library from the iTunes menu at the top of the screen. The movies must be in a format the the iPad can read. You can click on the movie in your iTunes library to select it and then go to File>Create new version> Create iPad or Apple TV - version if necessary.

Thes are the supported video formats on the iPad.

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG‑4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

If the movie is in the correct format, you then sync them using iTunes.

Connect the iPad to the Mac and launch iTunes.

Click on the iPad name on the left side under devices.

Click on the Movies Tab on the right.

Click on all of the Movies that you want to sync.

Click on the Sync Movies Heading.

Click on Apply in the lower right corner of iTunes

Sep 30, 2013 2:24 AM in response to tootsmacleod

I want to do this too but am confused as songs are added one way, pictures a totally different way and I see no way to add films at all.

"Click on the iPad name on the left side under devices." But there is no such list. iTunes just opens to a page and starts synching. I cannot drag and drop them into the films part of the library.

Maybe it is all new in iOS7 but no-one knows.

Aug 29, 2015 2:04 AM in response to tootsmacleod

There is no doubt that you can apply iTunes to help you add movies from Mac to iPad, but iTunes cannot read all your desired data and sometimes it may erase some contents, so I think AirDrop is proper to add movies to iPad from Mac.

Just go to "Finder" to enable "AirDrop" on your Mac which allows you to choose "Contacts Only" or "Everyone".

Then, Mac will scan your iPad nearby but the iPad must turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth at the same time.

Next, drag the movie file to the ideal name of iPad, so your movies has been added to iPad.

This is really convenient to transfer movies back and forth among iOS Devices and Mac.

How do I add movies onto my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.