Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my battery life so crummy?

I know that I've been obsessive over my Iphone, constantly trying to save battery life by turning off wifi, bluetooth, push, you name it. Then why does mny Iphone 5 keep getting its battery life drained so quickly? It's only a couple weeks old, and the battery life lasts about nine hours max. I've had no usefull help with apple support, having restored my Iphone and having it updated to 6.0.2, I am reading that it makes battery life even worse?

<Edited by host>

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 6:07 PM

6.0.2 does not address battery issues.

Battery life issues depend on many different factors.

Lets check some of the more common causes of poor battery life.

Go to Settings>General>Usage

Scroll to Standby and Usage.

Standby is the amount of time your device has been off the charger since your device was last at 100%.

Usage is the amount of time your iPhone has been in use since it was last at 100%.

If your usage looks like you are going to at least 1 hour of usage every 15-16 percentage points your battery is fine.

Now if your usage and standby are identical your OS is corrupted and you need to restore your device as new.

As new means no back up as a back will place said corruption back onto the device.

Now if your device is not showing matching or similar standby and usage and you are not getting close to 6 hours under usage go to your brightness setting. If your brightness is set higher then 50% your killing your battery every time you look at your device. So two tips turn it down or set your auto lock to 1 minute.

Anyways if that doesn't work go to apple they can run a physical test on the battery. Also check apple.com/batteries for more tips.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2013 6:07 PM in response to Webkid110

6.0.2 does not address battery issues.

Battery life issues depend on many different factors.

Lets check some of the more common causes of poor battery life.

Go to Settings>General>Usage

Scroll to Standby and Usage.

Standby is the amount of time your device has been off the charger since your device was last at 100%.

Usage is the amount of time your iPhone has been in use since it was last at 100%.

If your usage looks like you are going to at least 1 hour of usage every 15-16 percentage points your battery is fine.

Now if your usage and standby are identical your OS is corrupted and you need to restore your device as new.

As new means no back up as a back will place said corruption back onto the device.

Now if your device is not showing matching or similar standby and usage and you are not getting close to 6 hours under usage go to your brightness setting. If your brightness is set higher then 50% your killing your battery every time you look at your device. So two tips turn it down or set your auto lock to 1 minute.

Anyways if that doesn't work go to apple they can run a physical test on the battery. Also check apple.com/batteries for more tips.

Why is my battery life so crummy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.