Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store for Maldives

When opening app store for countries, what are the stats that apple are depending on.??

In Maldives almost everyone uses iphone and apple products but there is no appstore or apple shop here..apple products are much more famous than presidents of Maldives.. What are the things needed in this country to have appstore??? The people use apple products in this country will be more based on the population, than any other country in the world im pretty sure

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 7:43 PM

so true... their should be an option for us also, i belive in maldives above 97% of the population is using iphone or apple product, the way the other asian countries have an option we also should have...!!

9 replies

Jan 31, 2013 5:50 PM in response to dhiloo

hey, maybe you can help me! Im traveling to MALDIVES.. Like for my IPAD to work there, but my carrier ATT doesnt roam there. What are my options? I think maybe there is an option to buy a local preloaded SIM card for it? Like at Airport? Not sure what to do. Just need data plan for my IPAD while on a boat for 2 weeks. I assume that I will be able to get service floating around all the islands on a boat? Thanks for any insight..

Oct 10, 2013 8:08 PM in response to dhiloo

iTunes Store being in a specific country is up to the lawyers and the distributors who own the rights to the media in that country.

This is a user to user forum, no Apple here.

We have no way of knowing what local laws, what distributor demands, etc are stopping or holding up an iTunes Store.

Personally, considering the Maldives entire population is around 329,000(1/12 of the population of the city I live in), I don't think rolling out a store is very high on the list.

Oct 8, 2016 6:52 AM in response to dhiloo

Yes that is very true and there should be a specific Apple shop here that sells Apple products, accesories, beats headphones and even why not make iTunes gift cards for maldivian account? Well because most people buy apps they use US account! And getting a US gift card is like walking through a maze it is so slow and difficult. They are for sale on iBay but it does not work so I do think we need an easier way to purchase an iTunes gift card like from an Apple shop. So I do reccomend making an Apple shop in Malé, Maldives.

iTunes store for Maldives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.