Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

viber force close

i have a samsung galaxy and i have been using viber on it for a while now. All of a sudden when i click on a chat with my friend it stops unexpectedly and force closes. So im unable to read the messages with my friend. It only happens with this particular contact. Viber works perfectly fine when i talk to everyone else.
Im not sure if its doing this because i havent updated the app, but im affraid that if i update it will delete my conversations. And i dont want it to. Because i havent seen the messages from my friend yet.

If anyone else has the same problems, please let me know or help me out, thankyou

SAMSUNG GALAXY-OTHER

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 7:59 PM

6 replies

Jan 8, 2013 6:15 AM in response to taylajw

I have not seen yourf problem posted before here.

Have you tried:

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Deleting the contact and then reentering the contact

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Jan 10, 2013 4:25 PM in response to lllaass

~ im not quite sure what the IOS thing is because my device is a Samsung Glaxay Gio, not an apple product.

~ And yes i have tried deleting the contact and re-adding him but then it just deletes all our messages. But i havent even seen them messages yet. And then the problem started to occur again.

~ I'd prefer not to reset any settings.

Any other ideas?

viber force close

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.