Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch 4th generation wont turn on

Ok my Ipod 4th generation wont turn on at all ive tried holding the buttons connecting it to Itunes (which by the way says nothings connected) and nothing is happening at all. My battery was halfway charged and after I put my ipod to sleep it wouldnt turn on anymore. Can anybody help me please?

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 8:36 PM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2013 9:28 PM in response to Javiegmel

Try putting it in DFU mode. Here is how to put it in dfu mode:

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Home button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Power button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

And you are done, now you can install any iPod Touch/iPhone firmware on to your device via the iTunes SHIFT recovery method.

My ipod touch 4th generation wont turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.