Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match skips certain songs -- plays others (ios only)?

Hi everyone,

***I read another thread and this question was answered*** --> I apologize, I don't know how to delete the thread.

SOLUTION:

turn off itunes match on iphone...

make sure music app is not running.

...delete all music data on iphone (under general / usage / etc)...

...turn back on itunes match.

I had done the same, but didn't delete after turning off itunes match -- that seems to have made the difference. 🙂

----

I've seen this question go by a few times, but I don't think I've seen a fixed answer. I love my itunes match, and loved it even more before I started having issues. 😉

I'm running into issues when using my iphone 4s (ios 6) with itunes match...it [oddly] seems that some songs play fine with it, while others do not. The oddest part about the whole scenario is, the songs will play fine form any itunes computer I have -- so it would seem to be an ios issue, yes?

All songs appear selectable, but when I try and play one it "doesn't like", it simply skips right past it (or several) to the next one it is willing ot play.

Is there any solution to this issue? I use airplay all around my home, and my phone is the means that I use it -- so I'd really love to have it [consistently] working. 🙂

Thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:29 AM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2014 10:30 PM in response to mook33

I'm not currently using iTunes-Match on my phone, but I think my use of it in the past corrupted my music list on my phone and it had this same skipping problem. I couldn't listen to half my music because it simply skipped past it (2 or 10 at a time). I removed all the music syncing via iTune, so iTunes said there was no music. Yet there were still 20-30 songs on my phone.

Your steps for deleting all music data from the phone seems to be the thing I needed. After removing all music via iTunes I used your steps to delete all Music from my phone. Then, when I re-synced music from iTunes it all started working again 🙂

Even if you don't want to use iTunes-Match, if you have used it in the past, it has likely corrupted your music list on your phone. These steps to remove all music and re-sync from iTunes may solve your issue.

Note: I had already hard-reset my phone, and restored from a backup. But I restored a corrupted music list, so that didn't fix my issue. That's why this option worked better for me.

iTunes Match skips certain songs -- plays others (ios only)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.