Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod mail setup for t-online

I am trying to set up my mail account for Deutsche telekom (t-online.de). But when I enter all the data my ipod tells me that the mails cannot be received: user name or password for secureimap.t-online.de is not correct". An I don't know why... Any ideas?

iPad

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2014 10:25 AM

I reply to this question even it is over one year old since I had the same problems recently. I described how I solved it in German in this article:ios 7 E-Mail-Client mit T-Online. In short the trick is to set an extra password for external email clients (like Outlook or the Apple email client) in the menue of the email center ("E-Mail-Center"), which has its own password - the same as that for the customer center ("Kundencenter").

Set the SSL-decryption setting to "on". Use the following ports:

inbox server: secureimap.t-online.de, Port: 993, safety: SSL/TLS,

outbox server: securesmtp.t-online.de, Port: 587, safety: SSL/TLS.

These settings should be found automatically during the setup of the email account.

And I recommend to set the storage time for emails in the email center from 90 days (default) to "never delete".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2014 10:25 AM in response to berniebumper

I reply to this question even it is over one year old since I had the same problems recently. I described how I solved it in German in this article:ios 7 E-Mail-Client mit T-Online. In short the trick is to set an extra password for external email clients (like Outlook or the Apple email client) in the menue of the email center ("E-Mail-Center"), which has its own password - the same as that for the customer center ("Kundencenter").

Set the SSL-decryption setting to "on". Use the following ports:

inbox server: secureimap.t-online.de, Port: 993, safety: SSL/TLS,

outbox server: securesmtp.t-online.de, Port: 587, safety: SSL/TLS.

These settings should be found automatically during the setup of the email account.

And I recommend to set the storage time for emails in the email center from 90 days (default) to "never delete".

ipod mail setup for t-online

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.