Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini (iOS 6.0.2) wifi fixes don't work

please don't reply to this with the fixes that are already posted a zillion times in these forums. they aren't working for me (and it looks like a lot of other people). my question is what to do once we're beyond all those. i received an ipad mini for xmas, and it's running iOS 6.0.2, which is supposedly better than its predecessor (how that can be, i'm not sure). i love this device enough to continue to put up with the issues, so returning it is not an option. however, i'm hopeful that someone out there has talked to a mac genius and discovered some trick to keep the wifi connected for longer than a second or two intermittently.

if that's not the case, then when can we expect 6.0.3 or 6.1 to actually resolve the issue? or (gulp...) is it hardware related?

thanks,

Michael

iOS 6.0.2, ipad mini

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:47 AM

9 replies

Jan 8, 2013 5:52 AM in response to michaelsirianni

Nobody has any clue as to when the next update will be released. That would be pure speculation.

If you don't want to receive responses that have been posted a zillion times, don't post .... or share the zillion fixes that you have tried .... Because nobody on this forum reads minds either and would have absolutely no way of knowing what zillion fixes you have tried.

Jan 8, 2013 6:00 AM in response to michaelsirianni

Here's something to try:

Test your iPad mini on some other network, e.g., a friends or bookstore, etc.

If it works well there then fix or replace your WiFi router. It has problems regardless of whether some other devices appear to work with it.

If it doesn't work on other networks then it likely has a hardware problem. Contact Apple for a replacement.

Jan 8, 2013 6:15 AM in response to Demo

Sorry that my post seemed that way to you. It's mostly born out of frustration that every support post in these discussions has the same recommended fixes (reset your network, etc etc), none of which work for me (and it looks like most people). Your feedback seems a bit harsh to me (a newcomer), but I am also a Steeler fan and will chalk it up to residual frustration over a disappointing year. God knows I have my fair share of that too. Lol.

Michael

Jan 8, 2013 6:19 AM in response to JimHdk

Thanks, Jim. I have the same problems on every network, and my online research tells me that there was some progress when the iOS 6.0.2 update was rolled out. Unfortunately, it's still woeful. This leads me to believe that it really is an operating system problem. I am hoping not to have to return the unit. It's already loaded and customized with all kinds of goodies. Plus, what a headache to have to actually get in the car and go to the store. Lol.

Michael

Jan 8, 2013 7:39 AM in response to michaelsirianni

Since the vast majority of iPad mini users are not having WiFi problems then, if you are having consistent WiFi problems on all networks, you very likely have a hardware problem with your iPad mini. This probably cannot be fixed by any iOS software update. The iOS 6.0.2 software fix likely was for a bug that only showed up with certain access points or network configurations. The only way to get your problem fixed is to get your iPad mini replaced by Apple. The fastest way to do this is via the Apple store but you can also arrange for replacement if you contact Apple support.

Jan 8, 2013 12:29 PM in response to michaelsirianni

I'm using iOS 6.0.2 on my iPhone 5 and I have no WiFi problems. The vast majority of iPad mini and iPhone 5 users are having no WiFi problems at all. Don't make the mistake of generalizing from specific problems you are having or what you see on help forums to the total population of iPads or iPhones. Remember that there are hundreds of millions of these devices out there. It's like visiting a hospital, seeing ill people, and concluding that the world population is all sick.

ipad mini (iOS 6.0.2) wifi fixes don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.