Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attaching photo from iPhoto to an email.

I use Gmail. When I try to attach a photo from iPhoto I always get the entire iPhoto package. How do I get a single photo to attach?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), HP wireless printer Officejet 4500

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:17 AM

12 replies

Jan 8, 2013 12:47 PM in response to Douglas McLaughlin

Try this.....

Go to your gmail web mail page, and create a new email. When the window opens to allow you to locate an image on your computer, scroll to the very bottom of that window. You should see an area entited "media", and listed below it is pictures.

It sounds like you are going to iPhoto, not to "media", which is they way it would work in web mail.

Jan 8, 2013 2:03 PM in response to billjudy

Sorry, but I am not sure I am understanding. Can you try this and post the results. Launch safari. Go into the top menu bar, and select "view" and then "as icons". Go to your Gmail web mail site, and create a new test email. In the "To" area, put in your personal email address, then attempt to add a photo, ensuring you go to the "media area", and look for an iPhoto image. If you find an image, attach it, then send this email back to yourself.

When they email comes in, ensure that it show you have an attachement on it.

Attaching photo from iPhoto to an email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.