Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print in draft mode with Canon MX432

I am unable to choose draft mode when I print. I can view it, but it is greyed out. My only options are "normal" and "best". I have contacted Canon and they say it is not a Canon issue and rather a setting that needs to be done on my iMac. I am currently running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I have tried the print dialog box, settings and the printer web page. Still no solution.

Here is a pic of the dialog box in Safari. I have tried Word, Adobe, etc. They all have draft similarly greyed out.

User uploaded file

I would appreciate any suggestions of fixes for this issue.

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2013 12:54 PM

Before printing go to system preferences, then print and scan. On the left side there will be an option to add a printer and click on the + button. Select your canon printer and below under "USE" select the canon series NOT airprint. For some reason the defalt is airprint and it does not support draft printing. Then pull the presets up like normal and select "fast".

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2013 12:54 PM in response to lakediva

Before printing go to system preferences, then print and scan. On the left side there will be an option to add a printer and click on the + button. Select your canon printer and below under "USE" select the canon series NOT airprint. For some reason the defalt is airprint and it does not support draft printing. Then pull the presets up like normal and select "fast".

Apr 26, 2014 11:05 AM in response to Helpo

When you use the Canon driver, the 2 sided printing is set in a different location. There is an entire menu dedicated to it (at least on my mx892). The printer dialog box has a menu selector in the middle of the screen (I think it says "layout" by default). If you click on it, you will see the duplexing options at the bottom. Much more flexibility than the single checkbox available with "airprint". The interface is unusual (at least for me) but you can pre-set up many different configurations (Fast Duplex, Fine Single-sided, B&W, Photo, etc etc.)

Feb 6, 2015 12:19 PM in response to PharmJR

Your directions also worked precisely in Yosemite. After just upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.2 directly from Mavericks, the print dialogue box no longer allowed "fast print." That resulted in unnecessary consumption of ink on my Canon MG6200 and took much longer to print. Selecting the "Canon series" rather than Airprint solved the problem. Thanks for the help.

How to print in draft mode with Canon MX432

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.