Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multinational family...

I live in Italy, my mother lives in France and my sister in UK. It will be their birthday in two days time.

I would have liked to gift my mother of Italian music and my sister of an Italian eBook.

Does anybody know if possible and how?!

iTunes-OTHER, Store

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:23 PM

12 replies

Jan 8, 2013 12:27 PM in response to iAgata

No. You must purchase the gifts in your account located in the Italian iTunes Store. Those gifts may only be redeemed in your store. It would be much easier to send them money to purchase the gifts in their repsective stores or purchase the gifts then put them on physical media that you can send to them via postal service.

Jan 8, 2013 12:48 PM in response to Kappy

First of all, I must not do anything... unless it were a matter of life or death.

Then, do you think it is nice to gift money, to a mother or a sister? Indeed, I do not!

Finally, if I were to make a music CD out of music files purchased on the iTunes Store, probably I would be infringing a few national laws. Much easier to ask Amazon to send the original CD...

As for the Italian eBook... of course, I could buy a copy (spending more money than with an eCopy) and send it off to UK (spending still more money for the post&package), but my sister might not appreciate it much, as she likes to travel and read with her iPad.

Now, does anyone have a more technological answer to my problem? Thank you!

Jan 8, 2013 1:00 PM in response to iAgata

Fine, then, do what you want. No one's twisting your arm. You've been told what's possible. You are just shooting the messenger. Things are what they are. You don't like it then find something else to give as a gift. Frankly, I think music is a terrible gift. At least with money the person can choose their own gift. So there you go rude person. Take your complaint elsewhere.

Jan 8, 2013 1:08 PM in response to iAgata

Kappy was telling you what you would have to do if you wanted to give a gift which was in direct response to your question. There was nothing rude about it.

And no one here is an Apple employee. Everyone who responds here is a fellow user who owes you not one second of their time, so a bit of courtesy and politeness from you would go far.

Multinational family...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.