Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes Match

I believe the is an icon next to each song in your itunes library to indicate that it is matched and in the cloud. however useful this is to confirm it has been successfully matched as it of course should be it is surely more important to flag an item that is actually on your device so that you know you can listen to it even if you have not wifi or 3G connection. How do you know it is on the device and not just in the cloud?

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:29 PM

4 replies

Jan 8, 2013 2:56 PM in response to AnaMusic

Useful video thanks but the chap presenting it did go over my point quite quickly and did say if it was on the local device the cloud icon would both change and disappear so what is correct? Will it change and if so what to or will it disappear? The thing I do not understand is how can the cloud icon disappear because it must be in the cloud and therefore must have the cloud icon. So how do I know if it is on the local device?

Jan 8, 2013 3:37 PM in response to Clive Cass

Hi,

No cloud icon means that the the song is in your iTunes library. Add iCloud status to you song view - this will tell you if the song has been matched, purchased or uploaded.

See http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4124.

In addition to this, if the cloud symbol with down arrow appears, this means the song is in the cloud and can be downloaded.

Jim

ITunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.