Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I unfollow a particular thread?

I commented on a thread, now i`m getting dozens of follow up comments to my inbox, I do want comments from my other threads that I commented on, but not this particular thread, how do I stop only it from sending me email notifications?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.3Ghz, i7, 16GB ram, 256GB flash

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:03 PM

15 replies

Oct 16, 2015 12:58 PM in response to AaronTheMan

AaronTheMan wrote:

I don't see this option. I do see in Preferences the option 'Email notifications for content I'm following', but that will disable all, and I want to disable emails from a particular thread. Ironically I will now subscribe to this thread in hopes of an answer.

You found the spot.

It is actually unnecessary to actively Follow a thread once you have replied to it.

Click/Tap the Checkmark/Following to toggle it OFF (Checkmark/Follow is NOTfollowing) of threads for which you no longer wish to get notices.

User uploaded file

Oct 16, 2015 12:58 PM in response to AaronTheMan

OK, found it, with help from Apple support chat (really, they were helpful!).

In Support Communities I went to 'Manage Subscriptions' and then chose 'Following' to list discussions I'm subscribed to. Each discussion should show a gear icon at right side. But Firefox (latest) is not showing this, while Chrome is. So that's probably a plug-in conflict for FF. Anyway, click gear icon and you'll see 'Following'. Click it to unfollow. With no confirmation dialogue so be sure you want to!

Oct 22, 2015 6:08 PM in response to turingtest2

I am replying to your answer b/c of the date. I have seen various answers on this subject but many are from 2013 and 2014.

I seem to be having a problem with notifications, a problem that I did not have as of a few days ago. I used to only receive notifications about my own posts. After posting something last night (10/21/15), I suddenly was flooded with email notifications about everything under the sun. I went into my profile and it seems like the email on/off applies to everything. I ended up by turning it OFF and logging out. This afternoon in looking at the email on my iMac I saw that the notifications had indeed stopped. My curiosity brought me back to ASC to see if anyone had responded to my post. One person had but I did not receive an email notification b/c apparently it's all or nothing. Somehow I don't think that can be right. Can you help? Or can anyone who might be reading this help? Please and thank you.

iMac mid-2011, OS X Yosemite v10.10.5

how do I unfollow a particular thread?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.