Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newsstand

How do I read my magazines. Do I get notified when the new issue comes out? If it doesn't go into newsstand, what is that for? I have my first issues in there and they just showed up in newsstand when I ordered them. Do all my issues show up there?

iPad

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 4:01 PM

Here is some info on it:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4943

And it should update automatically, but you need to be connected via WiFi.

14 replies

Jan 9, 2013 7:09 AM in response to Catnja

I can only speak from the experience of having one subscription to Sports Illustrated in the Newsstand folder, but this is how it works for me.

I receive a notification every week that the new edition is ready to be downloaded. I must then go in the SI app in the Newsstand and initiate the download of the magazine on my own. When I tap on the bottom of the screen - in the SI app - a toolbar pops up. I tap on Store, sign in and then have access to all of the magazines that I want to download.

Try going into one of the apps - assuming that you have multiple apps/magazine subscriptions - and tap on the bottom of the screen to see if a tool bar pops up. Tap on the top or the sides as well as some apps may have the tool bar in those areas of the screen.

Jan 9, 2013 1:13 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I know how you feel my friend. The Steelers had their fate in their own hands and they ended the season with one of the least memorable and most disappointing finishes within recent memory by dropping 5 of the last 7 games. Wow, what a miserable performance.

I can't wait until next year already to get the bad taste out of my mouth. 😟

My apologies to Catnja for thread jacking. I think we are done now..... 😕

Newsstand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.