Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes can't write to internal HDD

I added a 3TB HDD to my MacPro and am using it for data storage. In particular, I am in the process of ripping my DVD collection so that I might enjoy them through iTunes and my AppleTV. The problem is that for some reason there are permission restrictions on the drive now that are preventing iTunes from accessing my iTunes library which is located there. I can read the files fine, but can not add new ones (or download purchases either). I can manually move files using Finder, but iTunes is being very stubborn. It gives me the error:

"Attempting to copy to the disk "Media Server" failed. You do not have enough access privilidges for this operation."

I suspect part of the problem lies in that I shared the drive on the network and applied user restrictions. I have since removed any restrictions and right now anyone on the network can read and write to the drive.

Here's a grab of the disk info:

User uploaded file

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.2), want to load 10.8

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 4:41 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes can't write to internal HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.