Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cover Art Problems with iTunes Library on a NAS

I have my iTunes library stored on a Synology NAS. I use a networked Mac Mini as a dedicated iTunes player, I set it up so the Mac Mini finds my iTunes library on the NAS. The cover art for all of my movies that I ripped from my home DVD collection shows up fine in iTunes. But the cover art for movies that I downloaded from iTunes does not show up, either in iTunes on my Mac Mini, or on my AppleTV (2nd Gen). I suspect the problem comes from the fact that I keep the iTunes library in a separate place (on the NAS) rather than on the computer that runs iTunes. Is there a fix to this?

Mac mini, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:12 PM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2013 10:14 AM in response to 3fingerbrown

I'm having troubles with my Itunes in combination with the synology server as well...

I'm getting audio from the server, all of this is working great.... But I'm not getting any cover art! I'm also not getting the optn to view the info of tracks. This is all working when I'm listing to track placed on my Mac in stead of the server.

Could you help me setting up de synology? Is there any structure neccesary on the server? Could you send me a screen grab of yours?

Cover Art Problems with iTunes Library on a NAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.