Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant access older podcasts

I recently updated my itunes to the newest version and have been trying to to download some of the older podcasts but itunes only shows me the last 103, but informs me that there are possible 301 but doesn't give me access to the rest it doesn't even show them if it helps the podcast was The Nerdist

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 2:04 AM

9 replies

Feb 9, 2013 9:37 PM in response to ledri

I am having the same problem. I can't get it to display any of the episodes prior to June 20,2012 (Ghost Lube). If I go to the iTunes store and download older episodes from the store, where they do appear, the episodes download, but do not show up in the podcast app. If I search for them in the iPhone search screen (the one to the left of Home screen), then the epidodes show up. It's really annoying. I've resorted to downloading the podcast in iTunes on my mac and syncing it the old fashioned way. Deleting the podcast and resubscribing didn't help me.

Feb 11, 2013 7:31 AM in response to pianoboy73

Same here, also with the Nerdist podcast. I'm assuming it's just due to the high number of episodes - the other podcasts I follow aren't anywhere close to that. I have experienced this problem for months, although I have seen that rarely it will behave correctly and show all available episodes but it doesn't last long.

It's very frustrating that even old episodes downloaded via the Podcast Store will not reliably show up in the app. Using the Search function to access them for playback is a decent workaround, but how do I delete it when I'm done?

Unsubscribing/subscribing to the app doesn't make a difference in forcing the downloaded episodes to appear.

Mar 16, 2014 11:29 AM in response to vincefromtemecula

all you have to do is select the podcast in your itunes hit podcast settings, select keep and download "all episodes" and then you will see all the old ones too. You can then delet what you want. Then plug you iphone in and then go to ipod and synce "all episodes" and then select all the ones you want. or select 10 most recent and then the little boxes you check which ones you want and then sync.

cant access older podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.